A CSSA Chapter
St. Louis, Missouri
[ CONTACTS ]
Each monthly issue of the Henry Shaw Cactus Digest includes club updates, columns and articles by members on their favorite aspects of cactus and succulent culture. Follow the link below this item to read select Digest articles -- or join HSCS to receive every article in the print version of the Digest.
Rules for Member Plant Sales
One of the benefits of being a member of the Henry Shaw Cactus Society is the opportunity to sell plants at the annual HSCS Show and Sale. It allows us to liquidate plants we no longer want or can care for. It also allows us to sell plants we have propagated from our collections.
In order to keep this opportunity available to members and more manageable for those handling plant sales, a few rules and conditions must be followed by all members wishing to sell at the show.
1. All plants must be in good condition and actively growing.
2. All sellers must choose a round Avery brand label color that will be assigned to them. There are many label colors available at any office supply, discount or drug store.
These labels allow a standard procedure of keeping records of plants after they are checked out. They are also easily removed from plant labels or pots, and adhere well to pages in the notebook used to track members' sales.
3. Check with Mike Hellmann (618-656-1803, firstname.lastname@example.org) before purchasing labels to make sure the color you want is still available. Please adhere to this request, as it will greatly help the record-keeping process.
4. All labels must have the seller's initials at the top and the plant price beneath the initials in blue or black ink.
5. All plant prices must be in even dollar amounts. Example: $1, not $1.50.
6. All sellers will receive 80 percent of the selling price. Twenty percent goes to HSCS. This is the same arrangement made with the professional vendors.
7. Sellers must be present to take unsold plants home immediately after the sale.
8. Payments will be made to sellers at the August HSCS picnic or mailed immediately thereafter.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
[ Current Articles From the Digest ]
HSCS Events | Member Photos | Join HSCS | Club History
Plant of the Month | Cactus Q&A | From the Digest | Home