A CSSA Chapter
St. Louis, Missouri
[ CONTACTS ]
Each monthly issue of the Henry Shaw Cactus Digest includes club updates, columns and articles by members on their favorite aspects of cactus and succulent culture. Follow the link below this item to read select Digest articles -- or join HSCS to receive every article in the print version of the Digest.
Things To Do -- August
By Barbara Rengers
1. Plan to enter at least one plant in the 2008 HSCS Show and Sale.
2. Consider volunteering at the 2008 show. It's great fun talking "succulents" all day with other members.
3. Shading is no longer needed for sun-loving genera, but don't keep leafy or shade-loving varieties in full sun.
4. Last month to fertilize.
5. Propagation by cuttings is still possible during this month.
6. Different day and night temperatures will help plants harden off.
7. Spider mites are a threat this time of year. Overhead spraying is a deterrent.
[ Current Articles From the Digest ]
HSCS Events | Member Photos | Join HSCS | Club History
Plant of the Month | Cactus Q&A | From the Digest | Home