A CSSA Chapter
St. Louis, Missouri
[ CONTACTS ]
Each monthly issue of the Henry Shaw Cactus Digest includes club updates, columns and articles by members on their favorite aspects of cactus and succulent culture. Follow the link below this item to read select Digest articles -- or join HSCS to receive every article in the print version of the Digest.
Things To Do -- June
By Barbara Rengers
1. With higher temperatures, an increasing amount of growth will be seen. Water heavily during the day, as much as twice a week.
2. A shower is good for plants, too. Be careful not to leave salt deposits on plants or risk fungus infections.
3. Check newly acquired plants for mealies. Quarantine and treat, if required.
4. Continue repotting plants in old soil.
5. Cacti need fresh air at night. Differences between day and night temperatures are optimal this month.
[ Current Articles From the Digest ]
HSCS Events | Member Photos | Join HSCS | Club History
Plant of the Month | Cactus Q&A | From the Digest | Home