A CSSA Chapter
St. Louis, Missouri
[ CONTACTS ]
Each monthly issue of the Henry Shaw Cactus Digest includes club updates, columns and articles by members on their favorite aspects of cactus and succulent culture. Follow the link below this item to read select Digest articles -- or join HSCS to receive every article in the print version of the Digest.
Things To Do -- March
By Barbara Rengers
1. Most of the leafy succulents need more water.
2. Large epiphytic cacti require more water and should be fertilized.
3. Use a soft paintbrush to remove winter's dust or spray off. Do this so the plants are dried off by nighttime. Otherwise, rot and fungus may develop.
4. Plants need more light and moisture, weather permitting. If they have overwintered in dark quarters, give more light if possible.
5. First flowers on globular cacti can be expected this month.
6. Don't forget the HSCS show -- save boxes.
[ Current Articles From the Digest ]
HSCS Events | Member Photos | Join HSCS | Club History
Plant of the Month | Cactus Q&A | From the Digest | Home