A CSSA Chapter
St. Louis, Missouri
[ CONTACTS ]
Each monthly issue of the Henry Shaw Cactus Digest includes club updates, columns and articles by members on their favorite aspects of cactus and succulent culture. Follow the link below this item to read select Digest articles -- or join HSCS to receive every article in the print version of the Digest.
Things To Do -- November
By Barbara Rengers
1. Some of the Crassulas, Anacampseros and stemless Mesembryanthemums may be in flower now, along with Mammillari schiedeana and M. plumosa. Keep these warmer and water more than others.
2. Keep your winter quarters as bright as possible.
3. The best temperatures in which to winter your plants are between 40 and 55 degrees.
4. Depending on individual conditions, a piece of cardboard between plants and window glass may be needed on frosty nights for added protection against the cold.
5. Leave all propagating for next spring.
6. Fungal infections can be reduced by plenty of fresh air. Use fans to keep air around plants moving.
[ Current Articles From the Digest ]
HSCS Events | Member Photos | Join HSCS | Club History
Plant of the Month | Cactus Q&A | From the Digest | Home