HSCSS Show and Sale

Member Plant Sales

* Deadline to Register as Vendor: July 17
Show and Sale Setup:
July 27 – 12-8 p.m., July 28 – 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
Post-Sale Pickup: July 30 – 4-6 p.m.

If you plan to sell items during the 2023 HSCSS Show and Sale, you must contact Don Lesmeister to register. If you bring items to the event without previously registering, you may not sell them.

This year’s sale will be similar to those of years past. Please follow these guidelines if you plan to sell plants or other related items. Sellers must have been HSCSS members for at least six months to participate in the sale.

1. Each sale plant must have a tag or stick with the plant’s botanical name. If you don’t know the exact species, the genus alone will suffice.

2. Each item must be marked with a price in an even dollar amount using a 3/4-inch Avery-type label affixed to the name tag or the item itself. Add the seller’s initials at the top of the label. Use only one color label for all your items. Price labels will be removed during checkout and kept in a record book to be tabulated later.

3. The club will keep 25% of the selling price of the item, and the seller keeps the other 75%.

4. Members will be held to the same standards as professional vendors. Plants must be healthy, without unsightly scars, well rooted, top dressed and in overall good shape.

5. You are responsible for putting your plants onto the sales table and picking them up after the event.

6. Anyone selling plants is expected to volunteer for at least half a day during this event. Please let us know what time(s) work best for you when you register to sell.

7. Please be patient, as table space may be limited during initial setup. Once the sale starts, space will open up quickly.

8. Plan to remove all unsold items shortly after the end of the sale.